Monday, December 21, 2009

School..school...school


I skype every now and then with a few folks back home and then i remember just how different the things are here with the school system. I can't believe the semester is already over for most of my friends, but i've still got stuff to worry about until the end of January. Even though Christmas isn't a holiday (a huge date day actually), we still get a two week break. To most of us Americans its god awful that we have technically have classes on the 25th. I believe the overall consensus though is that none of us will attend. Luckily though, all of our teachers understand the importance of Christmas for every other country so they are canceling it.

I suppose school in America wasn't so different just ten years ago. I remember when everyone would have a two week break for Christmas, but still have to take finals in January. Then someone finally realized that there is no way in hell that any child, teenager, or grown up would ever consider studying over enjoying the important holiday season. I guess Japan just never adjusted along with the rest of the world. But, to keep things fair, the classes us exchange students take here are for the most part fun. Tomorrow I have a presentation in my Pop Culture class. The topic: Fighting Magical Schoolgirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment