Friday, June 18, 2010

Struggling not to be a bum...

Here I will write some of my thoughts, fresh and unadulterated from the not so early morning. My first is that there is great evidence that I am aging. Why? I can't seem to function very well without a good 8 hours of sleep anymore and staying up all night just doesn't work for me. T_T

My second is that I realize I have a lot of things i need to do in a short period of time. Ive been forgetting again how lucky I am to be in Japan, even if its only for a few months. I want to make the most out of my time left... In fact I want to make alot of things. New Video for the semester, new pictures, memories, foods....but I don't have time. Maybe I don't have the mental stamina to finish all the assignments for my eight classes early.

I will finish off two textbooks this weekend. Being here I do have to admit that my reading comprehension has gotten a little better. Still as illiterate as a 12 year old maybe... I can read some kanjis but sure as hell don't remember how to write them. Aside from finishing these books so early and prewriting all of the compositions, I still have to write two book reports in Japanese. So i guess my objective in finishing early is so I have enough time to enjoy my time here...otherwise ill be doing nothing but study... no thanks.

My last thought for now.... Getting in shape is difficult in this country. From the moment I first came here, everything I ate, no matter what quantity was different. The food here, is great, its healthy compared to food back home,, but it sure doesn't supply you with the same amount of energy. My one regret in Japan so far is that ive pretty much shrunk. Everyone I meet says "oh, you got thinner!".. "are you dieting?" Noooooo!!! Im trying to gain weight, not get skinnier than I already am.


Within the next few weeks there will be alot of partying... after 8 theres not much to do in Oita except... drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment