Friday, August 1, 2014

夏休み!Summer Vacation! and its moving fast...

I'm not sure what happened. I meant to update weeks ago.. but before I knew it all that time just seemed to fly right by.

This is the hottest summer yet. 33.C and I can't leave my house without coming back with a shirt soaked from either sweat or rain water.  But im thankful, only few jobs in this country allow for almost a month off.. and mine is one of them!

What ive already experienced and look forward to seeing more of is fireworks and festivals.


 Fireworks still have a magical effect on me.




 This is my city!

While still in town I feel the need to explore everything I can about it!  Introducing, bicycle adventures...  Since the size of Yokohama is huge, even the subway takes almost an hour just to get out of the city... Ill be needing my own wheels to get around.

 


Just a sample of things I get to see on summer break:

 The view I wake up to at almost noon

 looking at Landmark Tower from where old historical buildings used to be.


King of the hill... any locals know where this is?



Creepy Doll Museum near Yamashita Park




Port cities have a special charm about them... 


And I can't forget all of the other activities that are usually equated with summer...

"Don't do that!"


But 80db??? how do you know??? how can you know?


 ooops


 Once a month every summer we got beach days at Tsujido.  BBQ, Beach... Surf... thats it!


 Practice for modeling photo shoots.

 Sunset in the land of the Rising Sun.  Pictures dont do justice.



Theres also Kamakura, beautiful historic city by the ocean. Once the capital of Japan, it still has alot of its beauty preserved.  I feel like a tourist again when I come here.


 

There are many many more good things to come once I can get over the heat and the sweat. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment