Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Beppu

After a long, fun but exhausting weekend Japan still spoils us with holidays. "Culture Day" meant classes were not in session. Today, in order to relax a little and celebrate culture day, Zach and I decided to try out Takegawara Onsen in Beppu. Just a few exits away, it was an inexpensive train ride to the next city over. After rinsing in cold water I decided to get into the hotspring as fast as I could... Bad Idea!! It was hotter than any spa ive ever been in back home. As hot as it was, it was a great experience. Rinsing in buckets of warm water after such heat felt good. After leaving the place I felt more relaxed than I had been since I got here.



After the onsen, we walked around Beppu for a few hours finding more onsen for future visits and seeing some of the many cool buildings and attractions that you can find in Beppu. Next time I have to go see the monkeys that you can only find in this city.




Of course, right here we had an Engrish moment. "Let's build a beautiful town. It makes bloom a flower to Beppu and needs."



This was cute. A dog riding a bike carrying a plant!


This shirt made my day! Haha, I found it in a Japanese thrift store and couldn't help but want to share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment