Monday, November 16, 2009

A little thought...

I rarely use myspace these days. But today was just one of those days, like checking the contents of that container in your fridge thats been sitting there for years. Or actually more like looking through an old album. As i checked my inbox, i realized that the tabs went up to #116. There were THOUSANDS of old messages i hadn't read since 2005. Long story short, of the messages I scrolled through, some from old friends or people I've lost touch with, It brought me back. I don't know why I never got around to deleting my account, but some old memories still sit in that box. Some good, some bad and others legendary.

I know my time so far in Oita has been a blast. No really, amazing! But behind the scenes I have to remember the bigger things which go on unnoticed. The reason why I came to Japan in the first place wasn't about partying, acquiring skills to get a good job, or to run from that past. No, it was to find myself. The kind of personal growth that helps you to be the best version of yourself albeit for your own sake, your future soul mate or whatever you can imagine.

A part of me got just a little bit gloomy remembering some of the old heartbreaks, trials, tribulations. But I also remembered the times I persevered. All truth be told, i've had a few moments of ups and downs here. Yet, I hear that voice that reminds me not to waste this God given opportunity. No matter what you've had in the past if it didn't work out, you always have something better to look forward to.

Had certain things I wanted in the past actually worked out, I can't even imagine where I would be. I know I'd rather be where I am now. So take a good look at your past, but not too hard. Learn from what you've experienced and leave behind whatever holds you back. Don't look back, don't hold back.

Maybe thats what all those nightmares about waking up in California have been about?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this post. I know you mean about the past... what if I had said what I wanted to say instead of giving into my own fear and doubts... how would my life be different? But I guess everything is working out for the best... I hope I've learned from the past. I'm so happy to hear you're having an awesome time over there. Miss you buddy!!

    ReplyDelete