Friday, January 29, 2010

Japanese Spring Break... Watch Out!!!

So my first semester in Japan is just about finished. I didn't think the way the Japanese did all their year end cramming would be so tough. With all theses cumulative exams piled on top of each other and counting for up to 50% of your grade, it gets a bit crazy. Luckily everyone here so far has survived.

In coming to Oita, I somehow thought that just being in Japan would make me magically fluent. I was wrong. I still have a long way to go. However, considering how burnt out I was last year, I feel like my experience so far has re-ignited the passion that I need to learn and be interested in this language and culture.

I also didn't expect much when I came to Oita to be honest. I didn't think it would be necessary or even logical to try and get close to anyone, but I was wrong. I've met so many amazing people in my time here so far. Drinking at the Izakaya last night for our last big hoorah, I never realized how close you can get to people in such a short time. With some of us staying, but some of us leaving, it was bitter sweet, but beautiful. While i'm sad to let go of my friends that I was starting to get close to, i'm also excited and ready to have some great experiences with the people staying and the new ones coming next semester.

To everyone who made my experiences in Japan possible and enjoyable... Thank You!!!

Part A

Part B

1 comment:

  1. haha in the beginning i also thought why do i need a mobile phone i wont have friends :D now it was so hard for me to spend the last days wo money on the phone :D

    PS: i hope u wont have great experciences at tokiwa though......

    ReplyDelete