Monday, February 1, 2010

The Day We Died. (could have....possibly)

Have you ever heard of Fugu?


Some people call them "blow fish" or "puffer fish". Apparently they are extremely poisonous and lethal for humans. In fact, (you can verify this on Wikipedia) chefs who prepare Fugu must be intensely trained to properly make the right cuts. It is illegal also for chef to prepare these fish without any special certification or license. Rumors say that a customer at a certain unnamed restaurant once ate Fugu that was improperly prepared... Tetrodotoxin, a highly potent neurotoxin, shut down the electrical signals in his nervous system as his muscles became paralyzed while leaving him still fully conscious. The customer eventually died of asphyxiation. The chef, feeling overwhelming guilt, commit seppuku.


Anyways...

Today I got the chance to try and eat some. I went, I ate... I survived.


My apologies. I wanted to show more footage by uploading a nice video, but we actually did get scared of eating it. We were all so cautions about trying it that we decided to take the first bite together and I totally forgot to film someone actually trying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment