Friday, February 5, 2010

Yufuin

Whenever I "climbed" a mountain in the States it was usually more of a hike. Like Cowls mountain in SD, no one really "climbs" anything. In fact, people walk hike to the highest point in San Diego on a daily basis as a routine morning exercise. ..

So when Hoon asked me If I wanted to go to climb Yufudake, I said "sure."

Which brought us to Yesterday morning. There were about five of us up and ready by 7am. We took the train all the way to Yufuin and a bus to the base of the mountain.


Do you see the tip of that mountain?



Not only did it take three hours to hike up that mountain, but we climbed all the way to the highest point on it. However, this trip was worth it. Unlike "mountains" i've been to the top of, this one required grappling and holding on chains and rocks like your life depended on it.



Getting up there wasn't much of a problem. It was climbing down that was the hard part. For some reason my leg wasn't liking to take steps down. I spent the next hour and a half feeling like an old man waddling down the mountain, holding the group back. But in the end it was worth it... or at least I hope so. I've spent most of today just resting my leg, hope it gets better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment