Saturday, July 10, 2010

A little late but still pretty

On my way home from マック(McDonalds) after a long 4 hours of studying, I decided to head back home..I chose a different root and what was normally a peaceful road pleasant for walking or bike riding was suddenly up in festival. I had heard about 七夕 but i didnt know it was this big! It was fun... I've never seen Oita so alive since being here. Even the grocery store I normally pass by was busier than ever.

Upon arriving home I found the entrance occupied by some festival goers with a moveable shrine.

金魚!Goldfish! I always thought it would be fun to catch some of these to take home.. only problem is I wouldn't know what to do with them :/

Nagahama Jinja, usually a small quite shrine now seemed like it had a life of its own with tides of people ebbing in and out.

This is also Yukata wearing season... the girls especially look great. This is my friend Seulgi who i ran into at the festival.. かわいいね。^_^


Traditional Japanese theater.... nou???





On campus we had a small Tanabata celebration.. Everyone wore Yukata (except for me).



Everyone looked really good! I felt a little underdressed and ashamed that i didn't buy a Jinbei or Yukata beforehand.



Although it wasn't a going away party or event, with the semester winding down the video they played, along with the candles and all the group pictures almost had a sense of bittersweetness too it. I felt a little sad because the real going away party is coming up so soon.


Give a few young people candles....and crazy things happen.



Yuta with a double-sided candle?



Seriously... the backround music that was playing was sad... and the candles?? At least these are memories that i can treasure forever!




No comments:

Post a Comment