Wednesday, April 30, 2014

No place like home..

Im back in Yokohama after a very very brief trip to my home town.




In the last 2 years I have unfortunately missed some of the most important events in lives of friends and family.  I had to miss a handful of weddings. If I had been living in California at the time, I wouldn't have missed a single one(... except for 4 of my friends weddings.. 2 of them happening on the same day 2 different times.)    I guess I dodged those bullets there.  Despite those important events I felt an overpowering calling that told me to be where I am now. Im still starting to understand that..

But there was one wedding I wouldn't let my self miss. No, not this time.  As someone I have known since kindergarten and being with the same classes with all the way from Elementary to Highschool, having watched this guy grow up, ups.. downs... finally finding the one he wanted to spend his life with, I wasn't gonna miss it.

Despite the akward timing of Japan's business new years in April, I couldn't miss it for the world. Not just the wedding because its a wedding.. but it was more like a family reunion.

I never really get homesick, but I think I'm learning something from my short trip. FAMILY FIRST.  I can't fully understand it now.. but it might be time to start slowly stepping forward in some areas of my life.  Gonna pray real carefully for my vision, future career... and finding what most people long for. Oh.. I think you know what im talking about. There will be some important questions to ask myself in this next season.


 For now... pictures!
Books!?Drugs!?  What more could you want?

 

Got home to find that my home Gym was still there.




Catching up with childhood friends... 
The playground at our elementary school is much smaller than I remember.

Watching this guy tie the knot.. Priceless



There are alot of things Japan does right.. wedding receptions are not on that list.




Despite the ridiculous cost of a Japanese wedding, even in the "western" style weddings they are missing a huge aspect that authentic western weddings have.  Groomsmen and Bridesmaids.
There is dancing, drinking, eating and a whole lot of socializing between friends and family that i never experienced in a Japanese wedding.  If by the grace of God I do marry someone from this country I live in, I will definitely have an American style Nijikai.



It was great catching up with old friends and meeting new ones too.



My Dad, Sister and I.  The only missing one is my mom. She would make this picture even prettier.



Meet Runa.. my new GF.



Some old Ghetto Shop work..


My brother and his stuffed animal.







I do miss my family... Ill be back!







2 comments:

  1. Little Brother, it was great to see you and how much your growing up and becoming more and more the man God has made you to be and someone I know our parents are proud of . Did you have to get so buff though and steal all the attention ? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you brother. I'm glad to see how much you've grown up. I hope to see you again at least once more in my lifetime. Family is most important and I'm glad you got to meet your nephew Sampson. Love you man. I totally forgot to give you a big-time hug before you left so instead just hug your pillow for me tonight.

    ReplyDelete