Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Music Rant

The more I get talked into going to karaoke, the more I get to hear American songs that Japanese and other foreigners want to sing. The more I hear American songs, the more I get to see the actual lyrics on the screen. The more I see the lyrics on the screen, the more I get a sense of what kind of culture my country is exporting.

I think about the lyrics, pause.. then wonder what the hell? Some of todays popular music has the most vulgar or by far the dumbest lyrics I have ever heard. What kills me is not only are people listening to this shit, other people are making bank off of it! I really do think our parents and grandparents lived in an age when music was still decent. It was maybe more simple, but it wasn't garbage. Will America ever go back to having good music? Or will it be like a musical version of Idiocracy where the dumb out-breed the smart?



No comments:

Post a Comment