Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Last Day of Classes (for one school this year)

I can say I had a pretty good day at work.

It started off with celebrity treatment at an ありがとう集会。Basically an assembly in the gym to say "thank you".  I actually thought It was just a small part of some sort of practice for their upcoming graduation ceremony but it was an actual meeting just to put me up on stage in front of everyone.

I found out just a few minutes before realizing what I was about to get into. Luckily, I had enough tough to write my thank you speech in English on a note card and just translate to Japanese on the fly.  It was really nice. I got a couple of speeches from some students complete with their most memorable moments they had in my classes.  I even got flowers. >_<  (i was planning on going to the gym right after school so... i had to figure out what to do with them)


 I have nothing against flowers. But, as a dude, I really dont know what to do with them. I put them in a mystery box on my desk. It works as a good vase.
 

  After all the speeches I got the ultimate treat of running getting to run through arches of flowers held up by all the kids. It was like running the gauntlet.  On one had I had flowers and cards.. the other was open to highfives.  Instead of being able to run through I had to push my way through as kids were trying to highfive, hug, shank and kancho me all at once.  I really felt like "Michael Jackson Sensei"  without the controversial junk. The sweetest part of running through the arches was that they had my favorite kids song playing, "Banana Phone!"  

Running through all the arches and kids they just kept coming all the way up until i got from the Gym to the Teachers Room.  Celebrity treatment ^_^.  


As for the classes, I had some complicated stuff to teach but it all went well for the most part.  Ended up creating a new game by accident too. I wish i couldve taken more pictures.

To add icing on the cake, one of the 6th grade teachers approached me and asked if I had 6th period free.  I did. Instead lounging around reading books, the kids wanted me to come to their class where they did their own thank you party.  I got to finish this school year at this school with an awesome 6th grade class and some games.


Man, being an "English Teacher" here is so much fun!

Here's a printout of the school photo for the teachers. Can you find me?






No comments:

Post a Comment