Monday, March 4, 2013

From Jungle to Jungle (Late Feb - Early March Post)

I haven't done much blogging lately thanks to my own laziness.  Here is a quick update with a few pictures. 

Before that however,.. I would like to just mention how lucky I am to have the friends that I get to hang out with, the job that I have, the place that I live and just the great place I am in in life right now.

Without sharing too much, (mainly because i keep forgetting my camera) here are a few pictures of what Ive been up to.

Riding the huge ferris wheel in Yokohama. My friend realized he had his guitar... so we got some live entertainment too.



At the church ive been going to since I came here, ive met lots and lots of interesting people. Every month we have international parties and a ton of people come out.  This is not a picture of that.. but the after party... eating.... again. :)

Hama-boys... and a girl.



This is my setup I get to play with every Sunday!  Im still learning how to use it all... and still a beginner at Electric Guitar.




I mentioned being blessed to have a great workplace. One of the fun things I get to do is build animals and toys out of papercraft >_<! Its educational I swear.




Uhm... I don't know the proper name for this but this is a huuuuuge sucker fish.

 


Japanese Elementary schools dont mess around. They got books on all sorts of things, trains, cars, bugs, AIDS, sexual harassment, history, food, and even death.  They don't try to hide these things from kids, but they frequently use cute animations to explain many things.

 I get to walk down this hall filled with things the kids make every week.


I am also super lucky to have this lady in my life.  She is almost as goofy as I am... so we spent a day in Akihabara... Japans nerd capital, you could say.






I dunno bout u, but I have never had a "Nostalgia Drink" before.


 I took this picture thinking it was the first time ive ever seen restaurants out in the open right underneath a railway. I probably have but just didnt notice it before. Good use of space!


We went to Nicholai Dome... a real Cathedral still in regular use by the Japanese Orthodox Church.  Founded my a Russian missionary named St. Nicholas... something something. I recommend a visit on a service day to any Christian regardless of denomination. An amazing place you should see even if you arent any religion. Too bad the choir wasnt playing that day. They are amazing.

My weekend involved a long awaited trip to finally go hiking!  Its been 3 years since my last hike in Japan. Last time I literally climbed Yufudake in Kyuushuu which nearly killed my knees.  But this time was Takaosan.  Challenging but doable.



On a clear day you can see Tokyo Skytree. Today wasn't that day.


Who made that beanie??
 

My first thought was "are there Dragonballs here too?"

 Ummm, i forgot what they call those red dudes with long noses.


 Badass statues.


Grape Vinegar Ice Cream! Yum!? (i dont know)



Yo NO drink water!


Reallly nice public bathrooms in the mountains. Damn you American public restrooms providing no privacy or cleanliness.


This sign was appalling to me.  It says "no ice-cream" !!!!   look at the picture.


I love inaka restaurants.


Trick Art Museum!!! What better location that to catch all the people coming back from hiking the mountain?



Where does reality end!? and imagination begin...



Its like science for the eyes. Artists just know how to mess with your vision.


Whooooo!



My reflection is a girls... boooo >_<!







Rather good day going from the Takao Mountain, to the Egyptian themed trick art museum.. to...


 Shibuya's concrete jungle.




I promise to take pictures more often.. I couldn't even get Friday's acoustic live or Sundays awesomeness on camera. 





No comments:

Post a Comment