Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rice Cooker Magic

With the lack of ovens as something that normally comes with an apartment or the means to remake the best pizza i've ever had (Black Magic Pizza). I have been trying to come up with ways of making something delicious. Then it hit me... I have a fat rice cooker.  I make beer bread.... I should make a pizza!

Actually the idea started out with a calzone first....

 

The crust was a bit too buiscuity... dry... and i could have used more fillings.

 


The idea was great, but the recipe still needs work.  Then I got to thinking.... why not just make a deep dish pizza? So I tried it.  



I ate half of it....


Success!  

My first personal cheese and tomato pizza made in a rice cooker. Grilled onions and garlic too.
Still a work in progress. Ill probably go crazy with the toppings next time.
Chicago next.






No comments:

Post a Comment